American M8 HMC

Guest grunto

Guest grunto

dudes,

i must say that this little vehicle is my favorite in combat mission.

if you buy it with regular crew it's only 50 points.

so whatever i said about the stuart, i like the m8 HMC even better.

=g=

andy

Guest Scott Clinton

Most fun so far...

Plot one of these across hilly terrain, in the open. Then lock onto view 1. Its a fun ride! biggrin.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest grunto

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arien:

on the german side.. is the PSW 234/3 with it's 75mm gun.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes my theory is that any inexpensive vehicle packing a 75mm gun is worth including in my force.

andy

Guest Scott Clinton

How much ammo does it carry? wink.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest grunto

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Clinton:

How much ammo does it carry? wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now that's a good point... i'm playtesting a scenario where the m8 hmc rush ran out of ammo and they're retreating now while the sherman m4 is moving in with 60-some rounds of HE ammo. but an m8 does usually carry 30-something HE rounds so two of them are only 100 points.

uh sgt. grunto has 2 pillboxes, a gun, and some infantry casualties caused in that one, 'the siding.'

andy

I had an M8 take out an StuH, an 81mm mortar halftrack, a 20mm halftrack, and a standard 251 halftrack. Plus kill seven infantry. Not back for the little guy.

[This message has been edited by JoshK (edited 07-03-2000).]

I'm developing a real love affair with anything small, fast and armed with something. I got so annoyed being pinned down in one scenario while my tanks were slowly getting shot up, I took a Stuart on a buttoned-up death ride all by itself. It cleaned out the whole town single-handed! smile.gif

Guest Michael emrys

Which is but one more example of something that I've believed for a while: sometimes the bold course is also the safest one. Of course, you have to use some sense in how you go about this.

Michael