easier to use interface?

hi,

is there any way to set the mousewheel to move the view up and down? also, the way to move the view left/right is slow and laborious. isn't there some kind of mod to improve the interface?

something along the lines of; right click hold & move mouse for looking around [or just left and right?] and the mousewheel for views up and down?

i realise i can ctrl click to get somewhere instantly and do a 180 with a key press but there's no change from CMBO [which i also think is a classic game!] and i have always found the intercae very clunky.

other than that...great game. i love it!

cheers

das

Hi Harry

It is actually quite easy to use the scroll wheel to move the views up and down. I have been doing that for ever since I started playing CMBO and now CMBB.

I use a Mac Powerbook 400G3 with a Kensington 2 button /scrollwheel mouse and a shareware control panel called "USB overdrive" which allows me to map my mouse function to any keystroke or action. I am sure there must be equivalents in the PC world.

The key (sorry about the pun) is that the + and - keys on the number keypad of the keyboard are shortcuts to move up or down a level. Just map your scroll up to eqaul a keypress of + on the number keypad section of the keyboard and scroll down to the - key. I have also mapped my right button to be equivalent to pressing the shift key and so I can scroll view right or left by prsseing right button and moving the mouse to the side of the screen. I realise that in CMBB side scrolling is possible on the lower third of the side of the screen but I still find this useful.

The other function I have mapped is by click pressing my scroll wheel and scrolling at the wheel, I use that as camera dip up or down.

You could probably work out the best combination for you,eg mapping click scroll to zoom/unzoom. I tend to use a combination of keyboard and mouse when I play and so I always have one hand on the key board using the keyboard shortcuts to move, hunt, target, etc...etc..., therfore I also use ths control click method to jump quicly from spot to spot on the map.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hi Harry

It is actually quite easy to use the scroll wheel to move the views up and down. I have been doing that for ever since I started playing CMBO and now CMBB.

I use a Mac Powerbook 400G3 with a Kensington 2 button /scrollwheel mouse and a shareware control panel called "USB overdrive" which allows me to map my mouse function to any keystroke or action. I am sure there must be equivalents in the PC world.

The key (sorry about the pun) is that the + and - keys on the number keypad of the keyboard are shortcuts to move up or down a level. Just map your scroll up to eqaul a keypress of + on the number keypad section of the keyboard and scroll down to the - key. I have also mapped my right button to be equivalent to pressing the shift key and so I can scroll view right or left by prsseing right button and moving the mouse to the side of the screen. I realise that in CMBB side scrolling is possible on the lower third of the side of the screen but I still find this useful.

The other function I have mapped is by click pressing my scroll wheel and scrolling at the wheel, I use that as camera dip up or down.

You could probably work out the best combination for you,eg mapping click scroll to zoom/unzoom. I tend to use a combination of keyboard and mouse when I play and so I always have one hand on the key board using the keyboard shortcuts to move, hunt, target, etc...etc..., therfore I also use ths control click method to jump quicly from spot to spot on the map.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Panzer Leader

USB Overdrive allows you to choose different button/scroll combinations for different applications and so the answer is Yes, you can set it so that that particular combination works for CMBB only. I have my mouse set for a few different games but it is usually moot as the only game I tend play on my computer is now CMBB or CMBO.

Sorry, but I do not know if there is an equivalent Windoze version although I would be surprised if there is not. There are a lot more Windoze progammers and hackers out there. I am not very conversant about the Windoze world and so I will leave it to others to try to answer that part of your question.

Cheers