Going Up Today - A Rescue Mission - For You John K

John, putting one up today that seems to do well in PBEM on the Game Depot at TGN-CMHQ

http://combathq.thegamers.net

Did anyone play Periers - Roaring to the Rescue? Did you get the wounded Germans out of the clutches of the evil Amis?

Well this one is a little more serious. Based on a historical event when a group of US Rangers infiltrated behind German lines to capture retreating enemy soldiers.

General Gerow became concerned about their welfare and decided to send a tank column to reinforce them at a crossroads near Zerf.

It became quite an adventure for the Rangers and the Relievers wink.gif

You've got a fight on your hands. I'll upload it soon as I finish here and I am sure Madmatt will put it into the Depot today.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

SPOILER*************SPOILER*****************

*Reliving the Rangers

That has to be the most intense scenario I ever played.During the initial attack or rather probe,by the germans,my 105´s really tore into the ranks of the attacker.I pushed them back into the woods.As for my Sherman´s,

after knocking out the Panzers,I crept ever so slowly forward,feeling quite smug,but not wanting to lose any armor to Shrecks and what have you.I did´nt pay the attention to my men at the crossroads that I should have.By round 25 they were almost out of ammo and about to be surrounded.Throwing caution to the wind,I raced all my tanks into town,praying there would´nt be any mines in the road.Immediatly spotted a gun,knocked it out,schrecks everywhere,which my inf platoon took out.When I had all my tanks at the crossroads,I had 15 rangers left,including FOW,mortar teams and a HQ left.I had to push a immobilzed tank up the road some 200 meter,certainly did´nt want to lose any more men at that point.

Still in shellshock.

Thanks,G-D