Loading, movement problems

kcs

I have two problems. First, the stupid one. I can save the games, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to load them! What am I missing? Second, more seriously, I was just playing the Arnhem operation and had problems moving my units UNDER the bridge. Sometimes they go under just fine, but then sometimes the movement lines go OVER the bridge, seemingly no matter what I do. Is there a way to fix this?

Please Help!

kcs

The movement lines go over the bridge but the unit moves under the bridge - or at least they did when I played the operation.

To load a saved Operation - Click on Operations and your saved game will be there. Your single battle saved games will be on the Battle screen.

Hope this helps.

------------------

Why do they always shoot at me?

Guest Big Time Software

kcs,

The movement line might SHOW over the bridge but your unit should still move under.

As for saving games: is it possible that you are mistakenly running Combat Mission directly from the CD-ROM instead of from your hard drive?

Make sure you start CM by double-clicking on the Combat Mission.exe file that's on your hard disk, not the CD-ROM, and not a "shortcut" to the EXE on the CD-ROM.

Charles

Many thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Purple Heart Guy:

The movement lines go over the bridge but the unit moves under the bridge - or at least they did when I played the operation.

To load a saved Operation - Click on Operations and your saved game will be there. Your single battle saved games will be on the Battle screen.

Hope this helps.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many Thanks! I might suggest that you include something prominent in the next edition of the rulebook about not playing from the CD-ROM - people like me who are used to these games don't read the introductory instructions on how to run the game (i know, when all else fails, read the directions.)

Also, I just wanted to say I really hate you guys! Here it is only 6 days away from a new semester and I can't find time to write my new syllabus or anything because I can't stop playing this game!! I have been waiting for a game like this for years and nw it seems I am hopelessly addicted...when are you coming out with the Eastern Front edition?

KCS

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

kcs,

The movement line might SHOW over the bridge but your unit should still move under.

As for saving games: is it possible that you are mistakenly running Combat Mission directly from the CD-ROM instead of from your hard drive?

Make sure you start CM by double-clicking on the Combat Mission.exe file that's on your hard disk, not the CD-ROM, and not a "shortcut" to the EXE on the CD-ROM.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kcs:

Also, I just wanted to say I really hate you guys! Here it is only 6 days away from a new semester and I can't find time to write my new syllabus or anything because I can't stop playing this game!! I have been waiting for a game like this for years and nw it seems I am hopelessly addicted...when are you coming out with the Eastern Front edition? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

smile.gif Perhaps it was one of your students that sent you the URL for battlefront.com in the first place? Heh heh... "If we get him this game, he'll never give us homework again!" biggrin.gif

Eastern Front will take us a while (gotta add TCP/IP first) but it's on the list!

Charles