Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Effectiveness of Machine Guns is Historically Accurate - Right?

Wilson

I have trouble in CMBO using machine guns to cause casualties on infantry unless the infantry are running within about 100 or 200 metres and are in an open field. The rest of the time they are good for suppression only.

Is this accurate? I would like to think that it is. Also, are there any MG34s at all in CMBO? I'm yet to find one.

I know there has been some debate about this. But when I played the CMBB demo I didnt find the MG's that much more effective, it was about the same.

Are the way they are modelled in CMBO accurate?

Machine guns don't perform in CMBO as they would have done in real life. This is rectified in the CM:BB demo by the inclusion of a 'cover arc' command for machine guns (aswell as guns and mortars). Simply click once to fix one end of the arc, and click again to fix the other end. Anything moving into that arc is targetted and fired upon by the machine gun. I found the command to be very effective. - try the Yelnia Stare scenario in the CM:BB demo as Germans and use it.

In answer to your other query, there are no MG34's in CM:BO - the CM:BB demo includes them, however.

Actually, the casualty causing part is historically accurate. MGs in CMBB dont cause too many more casualties, except at very short range when they go into panic fire mode. They do, however, give alot of suppression.

And the MG34 is in CMBO--in tanks.

WWB