Close assaults against tanks in CMBB?

I was wondering, if particularly in the early part of the war in the east - if close assaults might be more viable tactics to employ in CMBB, largely through the virtue of the weaponry available and perhaps partially related to a given "target" vehicles vision facilities - and its associated field(s) of view.

Specifically - will Infantry (sections/squads), or other specialized Infantry units be equipt with weaponry like the Haft-Hohlladung (magnetic anti-tank mine), grenade bundles, molotov cocktails, sachel charges and even anti-tank mines to use in "melee" against armoured targets in a close assault? Sure sure, later in the war we'll see the Panzerfaust.....I just want to know if we'll have anything in the interim until the Panzerfaust became available.

I have no doubt we will see anti-tank rifles, as employed by both sides. Its the close range stuff that "unseen Infantry" MIGHT be able to use against unaware enemy tanks in a close assault that I want to know about. smile.gif

Originally posted by ASL Veteran:

From what I could see from the preview, you will be happy with the "close assaults vs tanks" features in CMBB. All of your questions / concerns were addressed.

Seems like my list of "wait and see" grows daily for CMBB. Darn NDA's!!!

Anyways, I look forward to the ATMM that we get to employ! Does anyone know if the game will treat those weapons the same as Panzerfausts in CMBO (squad is shown having X amount of them) or if they are an assumed, integral weapon (like grenades in CMBO)?

Chad Harrison

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

Seems like my list of "wait and see" grows daily for CMBB. Darn NDA's!!!

Anyways, I look forward to the ATMM that we get to employ! Does anyone know if the game will treat those weapons the same as Panzerfausts in CMBO (squad is shown having X amount of them) or if they are an assumed, integral weapon (like grenades in CMBO)?

Chad Harrison

Squads are shown as having X amount of them. It appeared that Grenades are also tracked now, and that a squad will only have X amount of grenades. There were also three slots for squad carried 'special' weapons rather than just the one slot that I think CMBO has.

From the game I just played, yes you can do Close Assausts against tanks smile.gif

I had a tank moving up tanking fire from a mg42 and some infantry, my tank got sorta close and I saw a grenade fly over and just miss the tank!

I swear this game is the BEST in the world!

No doubt! I even took prisoner's!! its craaazzy lol.