CMBO: Coaxial MG?

I am not sure if the MG is knocked out with the gun all the times. ...In one battle i had a tiger with a blocked turet but i was still able to select targets but as far as i remember the gun was still able to fire....but i am not sure if my memories are corect...maybe i am wrong

It seems that after the gun is damaged, not even a remote flexible MG is able to fire.

I had a StuG IIIG in a recent game, which lost its gun very soon. You still could target enemy units, but it never fired.

It had 17 ammo for the MG the turn it lost it´s gun and it still had 17 ammo when it got knocked out in turn 44 of 45 by a `zook :(

Oh, and it never fired, no matter if the TC was unbuttoned or not, though that shouldn´t make any difference as the MG is remote after all...

[ November 18, 2002, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Brightblade ]

Originally posted by Brightblade:

It seems that after the gun is damaged, not even a remote flexible MG is able to fire.

I had a StuG IIIG in a recent game, which lost its gun very soon. You still could target enemy units, but it never fired.

It had 17 ammo for the MG the turn it lost it´s gun and it still had 17 ammo when it got knocked out in turn 44 of 45 by a `zook :(

Oh, and it never fired, no matter if the TC was unbuttoned or not, though that shouldn´t make any difference as the MG is remote after all...

The *REMOTE* MGs are a different animal, since IIRC their range is quite short- just for close defense. Normally you'll only see a StuG fire an MG if it's the "forward" or "coax." MG.

I'm still thinking that Gun Damaged tanks can sometimes use one of the MGs...? Anyone know? It doesn't make sense that you can still target, but it won't shoot.