Bug in PoP Guns and Elephants

YouRei

Just played the battle "Pop Gun and Elephants". This is a Russian attack on the German position. I played the German side. By hiding all my troops for an ambush when the Russians are within firing range, the Russian tanks and troops never advanced. I fired a few mortar shots but nothing. The Russians refused to close the distance and in 30 turns, I got a Total Victory! This can't be right, no? Shouldn't the AI Russians try to advance towards the Victory flags? All in all, I fired few machine guns and mortars. Nothing. Russians came out of the trees and just sat there and didn't advance.

YouRei

Hmm...there´s a similar problem in Hornissen Nest. I changed the initial scenario by exchanging Hornissen with Ferdinands. I took out one of their T-34´s at a range of around 1800 meters. After that the Russians became very reluctant to leave their covered positions. In the original setup this problem doesen´t exist, however I´m a bit unhappy with the Hornissen´s performance, in a hull down position and 1800 meters away from the enemy they still die very easily.

But I think this behaviour is quite realistic, I mean would you drive your tank out in the open knowing that a vehicle, which you have no chance of destroying at this range is just waing for you to come out.

I thought I only gave a generic description of the battle. The problem is in a Russian attack, German Defense, the AI Russians just sat back for 30 turns and the scenario ended with a German Total Victory. I hope this is not the case with the rest of the battles..

Any ideas? It might be realistic for a company not to advance but then what is the objective of this battle? Do I just keep clicking "GO" 30 times and get a Total Victory? Weird.