Reverse Speed ??

My impression is = MOVE speed.

A second question would be... is it better, in the case of speed only, to REVERSE, Or to order

FAST where the unit must take time rotating and then go forward. There are probably decreasing returns corresponding to the longer the distance traveled.

Never seen one back up ...... Toad {that is}

I believe reverse is faster than Move but slower than Fast. I think this mainly because Move is walking speed and tanks should be able to faster than that in first gear (as they genrally only have one for reverse).

As to whether is better to reverse or rotate and fast, well depends on what tank you are in. A BT or a T 26 it would not matter :D . I would gereally reverse if there was any chance that I might be seen. Nothing like a shell up the tail pipe to make you look silly ;)

Cpl Carrot

Sorry Toad. Should really read a post before leaping in. Perhaps I should stick to lurking ;)

I just ran a quick test. 3 Shermans on pavement, with 3 different instructions. One straight reverse, one fast move, and one with an arc plotted to take it in a circle.

The results? Well straight reverse was slowest. Then the fast move. The fastest was the one that had the orders to travel in a half circle.

I only ran the test once so YMMV. Of course this probably won't work in CMBB due the the complex orders rule.

My 2 cents

Cpl Carrot

It was in CMBO (as stated above ;) ). I have been thinking on it and the results would possibly be different for different tanks. Since the Sherman can't rotate on the spot it would have a slower rotation speed than one that can. Perhaps I need to test out a Churchill or Tiger if I get the chance.

Cpl Carrot

• 2 weeks later...

I guess there is no single (or simple) answer to my original, rather poorly defined question.

The one thing that does come close to what I was looking for is that on a simple straight run, the maximum speed attained is lower in reverse than fast forward.

Thankyou all - now let's spin this Churchill around and zoom off to other side of the battle field without being seen or heard !! lol