CMBB scenario most like the CMBO scenario....

...Merry Xmas at Hemroulle?

Merry Xmas at Hemroulle is one of the favorite CMBO scenarios of a friend of mine, and I'd like to show her CMBB using a CMBB scenario like MXaH.

(CMBO spoilers)

If you don't remember MXaH, it involves a couple of platoons of German tanks about a Co. of infantry with quite a bit of artillery attacking an American (Airborne?) position.

I think the Americans have a couple of Shermans (76 Easy Eights?), some Hellcats (I remember it as _too many Hellcats_.) and around a half dozen howitzers(75mm?), not AT guns. Infantry was just some bazookas, MGs and few (or no?) rifle squads. Americans have some arty, but not as much as the Germans. (I never played as the Americans, so this could easily be wrong.)

Oh yeah. I just remembered why I lost a Panther one game - there's a Jabo around, too.

Terrain was somewhat hilly. The American position was well wooded (and in a small village). Little of the cover available for the Germans was from trees - some usefull hills, though.

I remember the battle. The closest thing to it on the CD, IMHO, is an operation called Dergratschi Roadblock. There you have a coy or so of panzers attacking a soviet position in a sprawling town.

I made it, so I might be biased.

WWB