The sleeper Russian vehicle!

Hi grogs,

I just wanted to see if anyone else has realized how deadly the Russian M17 halftrack is.

I just played a quick battle with a friend, and was shocked when his two M17's took out my Marder and routed a total of almost two platoons - who were not running out in the open, but were crouching in the woods!

I would imagine that many players have never stopped to notice that the M17 has a four .50 caliber machine guns mounted on a turrent.

They are nasty...

Never fear, the Germans have one as well. The Sdkfz 251/21, which carries three 15mm MG151/15 machine guns and an MG34 (or was it MG42?).

Although the in game model isn't nearly as cool as the M17's... :(

I hope they plan on redoing the model for this one. Right now the game just uses the regular sdfkz 251 model.

sdkfz251-21.jpg

Now why can't I get the image to display? :confused:

Go to http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/3620/sdkfz251-21.jpg to see it for yourself.

[ December 13, 2002, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Red Dog ]

Originally posted by Captain_Blue:

I just wanted to see if anyone else has realized how deadly the Russian M17 halftrack is...

They are nasty...

I'll say. I just played a QB and managed to box in three platoons of German infantry in a copse of woods. I had a KV-1 and an M17 spraying the front, a 120mm mortar dropping rounds into the woods and a T-34 behind pouring canister into those trying to get out the backdoor.

I almost surrendered I felt so bad for them.

Almost. :D

Cheers,

Jason