Where are the On-Line Reviews?!?!

Kong

Guest Panzer Boxb

Well, it could be that (true) wargames are still considered a niche market so the reviewers might not have gotten around to it yet. Also could be that BFC did not release it early to sites/mags like other publishers are likely to do.

The only review of CMBO I ever saw in the UK was in PCGamer magazine. In fact I went and ordered it that evening.

Although CM, TacOps, AA, etc appeal to a relatively small niche market, imo it is still worth while getting the games reviewed in 'mainstream' gaming magazines. Be they 'twitchy' or not.

I will be sadly disappointed if I don't see a review of CMBB in the UK gaming magazines within 1-2 months.

I'd say one of three things is happening.

1. They're still waiting for the game to arrive because they didn't pre-order it.

2. They're having trouble installing it. (Maybe they're waiting for the fix to be put out.)

3. They're having too much fun playing CMBB to even write about it.

Reviews can be made only off the final production copy, so the press has to wait for their games as long as anybody else here. Then add the time to actually get familiar with the game and write up a review. Since we're not holding back finished product just to give the press a head start (well, we did send preview copies out, and there was a number of previews published, on- and offline), reviews will start appearing in the next few weeks I assume.

Martin