How to "stick and move"?

I have a game going on where a German tank destroyer is hidden behind a rise (I am Germans). The Allied tanks are a-coming, and I want to have a shot at them without exposing my TD more than I absolutley have to.

I want to move up the slope to hull down (I assume I will use "hunt" to do this), designate a target (the big tank, not the scout car!), shoot and then immediately reverse back out of sight.

Can this be done, and how is it done? It would seem to be a realistic maneouvre, how does CM cope with it?

Thanks in advance...

Ober

------------------

"Them Yankees couldn't hit the broa..."

It can be done, but not easily. Two options are possible:

1) Have the TD target what you want it to shoot at (so that it will be "looking" for it), use Hunt to move it up to hull down position, and have it immediately reverse. I've managed to get off one or two quick shots that way.

2) The other way is more complicated. Insert one or two pauses before the Hunt move, again target your main objective, and have it move to hull down. Then immediately on the next turn, have it reverse out.

Even if you select a target before getting to hull down (and it can help, believe me), there's no absolute way to guarantee that you'll be shooting at the tank vs. the scout car, b/c that depends on a variety of factors (e.g., your TD's experience level). Also, you have to factor in the delay times before the TD initiates its response. But these can work if used judiciously.

Ober

The second option has somewhat of a disadvantage for your tank:

If your tank is on the crest and you plot the order to reverse in the new turn, you have an delay which depends on the crew's experiance.

If you aren't sure what is exactly behind the elevation ( nice surprises often lurk there), option one is the better choice for you.