CMMOS Question

OK, I've a question. I've already got a ton of non-CMMOS BB mods. Can they be made CMMOS-compatible simply by changing the file names, i.e. tacking on CMMOS somewhere? :confused:

I sure hope so, as I'm really not looking forward to downloading those 8 zillion or so T-34 mods again for CMMOS compatibility...

[ November 20, 2002, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Sgt. Steiner ]

Sgt. Steiner,

Well, you could certainly take the existing BMPs and rename them and package them up for use with CMMOS as described in the User_Readme and ModMakerReadme documents that come with CMMOS.

However, you'd either need to make them "house" rules (also described in the documentation) or you'd have to duplicate the rules that are packaged with the new CMMOS mods.

You might contact MrNoobie or Old Dog to see if you could get copies of the rules.

I'd recommend downloading the CMMOS versions, maybe during a football game, or overnight.

I definitely sympathise with you as until recently I was stuck with 56K dialup and had to UPLOAD every mod I made (which is even slower than downloading).

Gordon

Originally posted by Sgt. Steiner:

OK, I've a question. I've already got a ton of non-CMMOS BB mods. Can they be made CMMOS-compatible simply by changing the file names, i.e. tacking on CMMOS somewhere? :confused:

I sure hope so, as I'm really not looking forward to downloading those 8 zillion or so T-34 mods again for CMMOS compatibility...

Sarge, unfortunately converting a mod to CMMOS compatibility is not THAT easy smile.gif But you're not too far off on what you need to do, and it's not that hard a task.

Take a look at the Mod-Maker Readme file if you want to tackle converting the mods yourself. For each mod you will need to add a suffix to each BMP file, write several short plain text files, and take a couple of screen shots. All this is explained in much more detail in the Mod-Maker Readme.

Speaking of T-34's though, all of Mr. Noobie's T-34's (the version 2 ones one the CM Mod Database) have been converted and are at CMHQ all ready to download and install. His KV's are there too, along with some other very nice mods. And MUCH more to come, I'm sure.

EDIT: Gordon, you and I must be on the same "check the forum for CMMOS questions" schedule, second post I've typed at the same time as you.

And yes Sarge, if you have Mr. Noobie's T-34's and want to rename the BMP's yourself, I'll be glad to send you the text files and pics. :D

- Old Dog

[ November 20, 2002, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]

Thanks for the info, everyone. I was afraid of that. Renaming all those bmp's will probably cause the "Attention Span Exceeded" light to come on; I think downloading again (sigh) will be the route taken. Although with my 56k modem, instead of overnight, it will be more like overweek(s).... :(