Commanders that have LoS to enemy vs Commanders that don't.

Does anyone know if there is a bonus to the squad that is engaging the enemy if its commander can actually see the same enemy?

My initial reaction to this question is that there is no extra bonus. A 'blind' command unit gives the same bonus with regard to star, lightening bolt, heart and question mark, as one that can see the same enemy itself.

But then is there ANY effect gained for a squad whose command unit can see the same enemy?

Wondering Toad

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Does anyone know if there is a bonus to the squad that is engaging the enemy if its commander can actually see the same enemy?

My initial reaction to this question is that there is no extra bonus. A 'blind' command unit gives the same bonus with regard to star, lightening bolt, heart and question mark, as one that can see the same enemy itself.

But then is there ANY effect gained for a squad whose command unit can see the same enemy?

Wondering Toad<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The command bonus applies when the unit is in command & control of the HQ, period. I try to always keep my HQ's within command range of the platoon but out of sight of the enemy units being fired on. When the enemy is in LOS, I keep the HQ in "hide" mode. The only advantage to having the HQ in LOS of the enemy is for setting ambush markers, and even then I cancel the HQ's target order and keep it hidden. German HQ's have much better firepower, though, so it may be worth it to have them fire during an ambush.

Swede or anyone:

Maybe I should ask my question with reference to Awareness:

Do you think that a squad that is in command control is more aware of enemy units (spot them quicker) than a squad that is not in command control? AND will a squad that is in command control and whose HQ is aware of enemy units, become aware quicker due to the fact that the HQ has some effect on the squad? As in "Sgt Rock, this is Lt. Jones,

look to your right, there is enemy movement over there".

Wondering Toad

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Swede or anyone:

Maybe I should ask my question with reference to Awareness:

Do you think that a squad that is in command control is more aware of enemy units (spot them quicker) than a squad that is not in command control? AND will a squad that is in command control and whose HQ is aware of enemy units, become aware quicker due to the fact that the HQ has some effect on the squad? As in "Sgt Rock, this is Lt. Jones,

look to your right, there is enemy movement over there".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Under the CM scheme of absolute spotting, as soon as any of your units becomes aware of an enemy unit, all your units become aware of it, even if they can't spot it (have an LOS to it). Call it "hive mind" if you wish. But there is no special bonus for HQs.

Michael