Did I immobilize a Panzer w/ Artillery?

As I wait for the UPS guy to freakin deliver my full copy on CM to my doorstop. I play "Valley of Trouble" again and again and again.

In the last game, the reinforcing Panzer was tucked behind a small cottage at the far end of the screen.

I used offboard artillery (I think) and taretted the tank for several turns. Minus one cottage.

Later I finally get the bazooka guy up real close to line em' up and lo, the pazer's tracks have been disabled. Did the artillery do that or did the bazooka guy sqeeze one when I was not looking? :confused:

OK.

That makes sense. Had I known, I could have saved poor bazooka guy the long hike. Speaking of which, his demise was rather epic:

Man on hill top alone and exposed points bazooka at tank and fires.......Tank turret turns and makes smoking hole of man.

"If only you had known"

In a less realistic game, you probably would have known. Thats the great thing about this game, is it gets the sense of chaos in battle to you, more than any other wargame I have played.

Have fun, hope your copy arrives soon. smile.gif

Cheers

Quick description of how my luck works.

Long (40 turn) hot seat 'quick pick' scenario. For the first 20 turns I husband my 4 Panzer IV's before committing them. They ensue cutting down Ami Infantry in the open when they fall under a 105mm arty barrage (my opponent later confirmed this). I calculate this to be acceptable, keep the tanks buttoned and together. Three turns of arty, no problem. Next turn, 3 (YES, THREE) of the Panzers are DESTROYED by artillery fire alone (again later confirmed by opponent).

Result....draw.

I hates it when dat happens!

Bart

I just finished playing 'valley of troubles' for the first time...and yes, I tracked the Panther G with 105mm arty fire. I destroyed it with a bazooka team from the side...once immobilized. I basically whipped both scenario's as the Americans..Think I'll try the Germans while I wait for the full game to arrive....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barticus:

Quick description of how my luck works.

For the first 20 turns I husband my 4 Panzer IV's before committing them. They ensue cutting down Ami Infantry in the open when they fall under a 105mm arty barrage (my opponent later confirmed this). I calculate this to be acceptable, keep the tanks buttoned and together. Three turns of arty, no problem. Next turn, 3 (YES, THREE) of the Panzers are DESTROYED by artillery fire alone (again later confirmed by opponent).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cough.....well I said kills of tanks were less common than immobilisatinos I didn't mean that you should leave them there until he does get that lucky hit!!

Sheesh - sorry, but sitting under a reasonably heavy (105mm) arty barrage is not bad luck - it's bad management!!

Still...lessons were obviously learned!! :D