Can anybody top this body count?

Last night, I fired up a quick battle that I thought was going to be an armor slugfest. Only problem was, I left the AI with random force selection rather than toggle it to armor. So, the enemy sent a battalion of nothing but infantry at me. I had a trenchline in a reverse slope position (I was defending) in which I placed a couple of Luftwaffe infantry platoons. It became quite humorous watching a huge writhing mass of brown clad Russians top the hill and then get chopped to pieces. At battle's end, all of my squads in those two trenches eventually succumbed, but each had bodycounts of 50+. Then I checked Unt. Buchbinder's squad at the far end of the trenchline. This squad started the battle with two casualties, but by the end had amassed an astounding count of 132 casualties!

Now, I've seen huge arty and a sturmtiger take out that many casualties, but I have never seen a single (particularly an attrited one) infantry squad with that kind of total. Anyone else experience such a phenomenal bodycount?

[ November 21, 2002, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: jgdpzr ]

Well, I had a MG42 HMG with a pretty impressive body count. Rottenfuhrer Dank got 65 infantry casualties and 1 mortar destroyed. Same battle, the AI had a Regular 82mm 6-tube battery that killed 9 of his own men and none of mine. ;)

Just to stem any potential confusion here, Unt. Buchbinder's men plied their trade while the overall commander (me) was operating under extreme FOW (the only way I play).

But ya know, I can certainly see how an all-seeing Sherman 105 could reach out and touch so many Germans.