From Human wave to Sneak'n'Run

Is there an explanation for the following? (Okay, I believe there's an explanation, just what is it? smile.gif )

Russian infantry on human wave. Then apparently the command line breaks (turns from red to black). The unit stops advancing and urraahing. Instead it sneaks to the closest cover (usually behind) and then run to the way point marked originally with human wave. Looks kinda silly, when units hit the deck in the middle of battle, crawl to the bushes and then start their amok run which can be few hundred meters. No mention of the fact they'll end up exhausted in no time...

So why do the unit first sneak to cover and then run the rest of the way? This seems to happen every time when the command line is broken while on human wave. Is this a planned thing, a feature or something like a demo-only-bugette?

Otherwise more than happy with the demo! I also like the hitpower of the Russian SMG's (50 under 40 m). That would be an overkill, just think of 11 men SMG squad welcoming a German rifle squad trying to enter the house with whopping firepower of 550! :D

[Edit: Oh, yes. I did do a search before entering this topic. Just couldn't find this specific thing. Or then it's just me. smile.gif ]

/kuma

[ September 02, 2002, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Kuma of Finland ]

Originally posted by wwb_99:

It becomes a move and run.

So sneak'n'run is demo-only "feature"?

Originally posted by wwb_99:

If you are taking fire, your men might well hit the ground.

True true. But the question was why they start running after finding the cover? They're going to exhaust themselves in no time. Oooorrr, is it just me, who's been misusing the human wave command in the first place by using it over too long distances (should be used in less than 100 meters or so???)

Hmm, I have to think about it. smile.gif

/kuma