Rotating Bitmaps

Working on an interface mod, I got to thinking how neat it would be if CM2 had a feature whereby you could "rotate" different, say, splash screens either at random or in a set order. ie - you have two splash screens, one with a German theme one with an Allied theme. CM would let you set a randomizer, or set the order that they were displayed. So when you fire up CM one time, it displays splash screen A. The next time you go to play, it displays splash screen B. Then it alternates - or selects at random.

Then I got to thinking, is there some way to create a program that will shuffle bmps in and out of folders in order to achieve that very effect?

Seems to me CMMOS does something like that.

Then I remember a comment I read recently about CMMOS - some guy wondering about changing out camo types - and so the next question is - what if CMMOS could be made into a randomizer like I just described; where it would select colour schemes for modded bitmaps according to selection criteria outlined by the player?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Then I remember a comment I read recently about CMMOS - some guy wondering about changing out camo types - and so the next question is - what if CMMOS could be made into a randomizer like I just described; where it would select colour schemes for modded bitmaps according to selection criteria outlined by the player?

I don't see why not. Just make a program that randomly picks from a certain set of .bmp names. Really not much different than current CMMOS, except in this one you're not choosing the specific scheme.

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I don't see why not. Just make a program that randomly picks from a certain set of .bmp names. Really not much different than current CMMOS, except in this one you're not choosing the specific scheme.</font>