This Is An Entirely Different Game!: My First CMBB Experience

Originally posted by Dark Pa :

I'm certainly reassessing the tactics that used to work in (e.g) the Close Combat series.

I don't know if any of you guys happened to play CC3 (which was also on the Russian Front) but I'm guessing that you have... smile.gif

Do you remember what would happen back then if you tried to move a whole lot of squads in a similar situation as described above ?? A whole lot of dead squads... smile.gif

When advancing in the open i always use the Advance command as often as possible. With this command units don't panic as quick under enemy fire as without, of course this brings advance speeds down to around 50-60m per turn but it works quite good.

Greets

Daniel

Sitting Duck,

Yeah, I think I said on-board mortar team but I actually meant off-board. It's a 76mm or something. Unfortunately, it was panicking at the time so I couldn't use it for smoke. Thought I could get across the open ground without it...not so.

Does anybody have the answer to the tank driver question I posed before? Why do you see them on some tanks and not others?