Tank out of command

Alan

I was playing around with the tutorial and set the allies to +200%. One of the tanks(3 VEH, IND) has a black command line that goes to tank (2 VEH, IND). No matter how close together the tank is always out of command. All the other independent tanks have command lines going to infantry HQs. I've tried it several times and it happened every time.

All the tanks were unbuttoned. I even tried toggling the tanks to see if it changed.

What I found odd was the fact that the 3rd independent tank acted like the 2nd tank was the command tank. My understanding was the extra tanks should be using the infantry HQs. I should try this in the other scenarios and see what happens.

I think I may have had the same problem. I had a t34 platoon that was buttoned and hence not in command. So I unbottoned them (all) and still they weren't in command - no problem, I thought, it will probably update once the turn starts - I am 90% sure (sorry I had other things to worry about!) it didn't.

In the citadel scenario if you give the germans a 200% bonus you get a bucket load of xtra tanks but they don't come in platoons with xtra HQ tanks. The original HQ tanks seem to have a limit on how many they can manage. With no infantry with HQ units to aid in their C&C the panzers are quite prone to rout and panic.

Citadel 200% panzer bonus - ?Bug?

[ September 05, 2002, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]