Question about gold demo scenerio

For anyone who has played the gold demo scenerios: Is it just me or were they too easy if played as the Americans? In the first one I got a major victory and in the second (assault on the segfreid line) the Germans surrendered. I have the full game now and have yet to play any sceneros. How do they compare in difficulty to the demo?

------------------

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." -Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

At least in the first case you're correct.

Winning on the German side is rare, unless it's very upstrengthened and manage to take out all Shermans before losing the StuGs. Otherwise the Germans may hold on to the ridge but achieve little more.

I've only started playing the Siegfried line, and been pretty beaten up (as American) in the first two turns... :-(

(The 105mm gun seems useless against concrete bunkers.)

Cheers

Olle

If you find CM too easy why don't you adjust the balance of the forces. BTS had the foresight to see that players would soon get used to a scenario and often beat the AI (a human opponent is obviously a different matter) and included the option to tweak the play balance. Try giving the AI a bit more of a "backs to the wall" advantage and see how you get on then.

------------------

COMBAT MISSIONS- The Source For CM Ops & Scenarios

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK

Now that I have the full version of the game I see that all scenerios are not created equal. I had a much rougher time with the "First Clash.." scenerio. Although the krauts eventually surrendered on that one too. Also, I didn't know I could give the AI more assets before I got the game manual.

I just started the sunken lane. We'll see how that goes.

------------------

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." -Sun Tzu, The Art Of War