Problem with arty smoke between turns

Given that the fire-to-impact delay is so short compared to the request-to-fire delay, wouldn't it make more sense to simply remove the fire-to-impact delay? You'd probably want to add 5-10 seconds in delay for TRPs (maybe for everything) to compensate, but I don't think the game would be significantly effected if it only took, say, 3:10 instead of 3:20 for 105mm shells to arrive.

Then all these problems go away simply and easily.

IMO the fire-to-impact delay is already too short. Really large artillery (155mm+) could take a minute or more to arrive. But I don't expect that this is something that the present game engine can handle.

Maybe its just me, but it seems as if the fire-to-impact delay is shorter in BB than BO.

Michael

Of course, the most obvious solution would be to stop the action at the 60s mark and save the positions of all projectiles that are currently in-flight. This may lead to some funny situations especially in tank-duels though. Currently whether a shell hits or not is determined when it's fired. Now if I score a hit on a moving target, but the shell doesn't reach it until the action stops, my opponent could cancel the target's movement order and the shell would have to change course in flight. It won't usually be noticable, but it's kind fo weird nontheless.

And if I just think about having to plan a turn with a large artillery shell hanging right above my only heavy AT gun... :D

Dschugaschwili