plotting rocket barrage question??

How do you guys plan your rocket attacks on advancing Allies? The delay between and the turn that there are actually incoming rockets seems long (yes, I know its probably very close to RL). Too long infact for the barrage to be as effective as I'd like.

Any takers? smile.gif

Figure out where the enemy is likely to be 4-5 minutes from now, and target that point. Given the inaccuracy of rockets, you don't need to be particularly prescient. You can correct the target point by about 80m per turn without adding significantly to the delay in case your prediction was off. If it's WAY off, you'll probably realize that in the first couple turns and can call a new fire mission on a revised target point.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Given the horrible accuracy of rockets, I usually just target a spot somewhere in the middle of the map on the enemy's side that I have LOS to. At least it helps guarantee that most of the rockets will strike somewhere on the map. biggrin.gif

------------------

Cats aren't clean, they're covered with cat spit.

The only real solution to the long artillery delays is to be on the defensive(i.e. probe, attack, assault) and purchase a pre-targetable marker. It significantly reduces the time it takes for a fire mission to reach ground zero.(i.e. normally 3 min. reduced to 45 sec)