No CD Patch Question

I just picked up the retail CMBB, and both my plextors on my main box wouldn't read it.

My sony on another computer would however.

Any way someone could recommend a NoCD patch?

I know most of the time this kind of request is instantly flamed due to pirates trying to con people, but from the posts I skimmed through trying to find any info on a nocd patch, this is a legit problem that I share with a bunch of people. Anyhow I can take a picture if anyone wants proof =)

You mean you cant even install CMBB ?

I have read about this problem more, sometimes the problem was an active McAffee antivirus program.

Try to deactivate your antivirus, if that does not do the trick try to copy the installer program ( the whole file from your CMBB disk ) to your harddrive and install from your harddrive.

Last trick is to temporary install the Sony drive on your main computer and install from it.

If you can install but the drive cant read the cd, you have a problem yes, in that case you need a no-cd patch.

I have not found one for CMBB yet (i have one for CMBO)

Goodluck,

Monty

[ October 12, 2003, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Monty ]

I ripped my sony out, and put it into my main box to install. But I need that drive on my secondary machine for burning purposes.

I need to put it back relativley soon. How did you get yours to run without the CD in? Or does it read the disk when you run the game?

My problem is that it doesn't read that there is any content on the disk. It opens up to a blank window. It doesn't give an error. Is this similar to your situation?

I would test this myself, but I am not gonna put the other drive back in until I am ready to switch. Only reason I am asking =)

Any one make their own Fixed EXE?

Anyone know the copy protection? I might be able to figure it out if I can find the instructions for the proper security.

To run CMBB, you need to have the disk in your drive always.

Try this:

Burn the .exe on a normal CD and try to use this CD to start CMBB with, i recall somebody wrote this works.

Im not shure however!

I know some CD/DVD drives dont read the CMBO/CMBB , especially the newer ones.

I just bought a new 56x drive (just CD, 25$) and this one have no problem at all with CMBB.

Did you try the antivirus deactivate ?

Monty

[ October 13, 2003, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Monty ]