Rushing Tactics.

Guest Rommel22

Originally posted by Von Brizee:

[QB]Rommel Rommel Rommel Rommel......

Why do you shoot your prisoners?

I find it much more practical to march them ahead of my infantry to detect minefields for me. If I hear BOOM!!!!

ROFL :D:D:D

Guys, you wouldn't had become old in the german army.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by waltero:

Does this mean I should not use my crews and empty spotters, to draw fire?

never like to split squad.

for drawing fire.

Generally not a good idea. Vehicle/gun crews and spotters, empty or not, are worth a lot of points. I think I read somewhere on the forum that spotters are worth 30 points for the pair at regular - that's as much as a whole squad, and it's only 2 guys, so they get killed really easily.

Vehicle crews aren't worth quite as much on a per man basis as spotters, but you're still throwing away a lot of points if you use them a sacrificial scouts.

Good use for empty spotters: OPs. spotters are really good at spotting stuff (imagine that!!), so after they are out of ammo, I usually try to find a relatively safe location with good LOS so they can keep an eye on things.

Good use for vehicle/gun crews: Prisoner guards. Crews have reduced spotting ability (done specifically to reduce their utility as scouts - IRL crews were valuable and would not generally be placed in unnecessary danger), so they're not so good as OPs. As prisoner guards, they do just fine, though.

With this said, I have occasionally used crews as OPs - they may not be very good as spotting, but they're not going to miss a tank charging down a road. If I've got an flank that I'm pretty sure is quiet, I may stick a crew there just to make sure there isn't a major enemy force coming that way. As soon as I see something coming their way, I get that crew out of there, though - I have no desire to give my opponent easy points.

Cheers,

YD

Spotters and crews are indeed good for the uses you mentioned, too good in fact. Isn't it annoying as heck if you bushwhack some tanks, but then the enemy gets to see where you advance to, just b/c the radioless crews are still around? Besides the fact that your tank may be to busy shooting the crews up to notice new threats, esp. if you have slow turrets.

I'm considering putting in a gentlemen's agreement of "have all crews head for the rear at once" to avoid this. Esp. when you can use crews for flank OP's, which is just a crappy product of Borg/absolute spotting.

[ August 01, 2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]