desert fox mod?

I used them for a while, but got tired of them. There aren't that many scenario's mean't for them, so it's nice to play with, but I wouldn't replace the normal CM. I play with 4 versions of CM:

• 1. Completly Unmodded Version
    2. Estates Version (soon to be deleted)
    3. Utah Beach Version
    4. Island Version

I used to have the Desert Fox mods, but I had lot's of Pinkies with them, which drove me crazy. All in all, is it worth the download? No, I don't think so.

Regards,

Ryan

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Clubfoot:

And yet, it's been downloaded in excess of 3500 times to date. Somebody liked it. ;) <hr></blockquote>

Yes, I think most everybody liked it (including me), but since there aren't many scenario's built for the desert version the novelty wears off. I don't mean to put down your mod, I'm just not sure if it's worth the download unless you have a broadband connection. BTW, how's Vapor coming?

Regards,

Ryan

Panther G,

"2. Estates Version

3. Utah Beach Version

4. Island Version"

Are those CM mods too? Where did you get them from?

CombatGeneral,

I enjoy playing the Desert mod for CM time to time. Yet, I warn you that planning an attack in open desertic ground can hurt your ego big time!

Even the AI (British side) virtually stopped me cold during a carefully planned probed attack.

AT guns and arty barrages in particular are killers when they catch your armor column in full deploy.

Clubfoot,

Thanks for your mod, I do enjoy it.

Much appreciated.

Karl

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Clubfoot:

And yet, it's been downloaded in excess of 3500 times to date. Somebody liked it. ;) <hr></blockquote>

Hey Club I am with ya.

I still play desert style just as often as regular.

I just burned a CD with your stuff on it and and switch BMP, scenario, sound folders.

As for who ever mentioned the pinkies being shown, between what Aussie Jeff and what I did, I do not see anymore pink spots. Plus I have created at least another 20 scenarios for DF that are on my HD.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Xyphorus:

Panther G,

"2. Estates Version

3. Utah Beach Version

4. Island Version"

Are those CM mods too? Where did you get them from?

<hr></blockquote>

Estates and Utah Beach are available with "Pointe du Hoc" off the Scenario Depot. The island version comes with "Blowfish." Utah beach and the island version are similar looking, although I'm not sure if they are the same.

Regards,

Ryan

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Panther G ]</p>