HELP! Why only 2 player?

I just made my first battle in CM, a Utah Beach one. I am done (I think) and need to play-test it, but I can only choose 1-player if I pick the Allies?! Why? Please e-mail me right away if you know the answer at avatar@karlkindt.com because I need to play-test and tweak before I play a friend tonight! If you help me I can send the battle too...as close to SAVING PRIVATE RYAN as I can get. :confused:

Ib am afraid that you have saved your newly created scenario in the "saved files" folder.

Now as long as you didn't start it up as a saved battle (the orange titles in the menu), you can still recuperate it.

I mean once you entered the set-up turn and aborted afterwards the game, it will be automatically saved under the same name in the saved games folder and eventually overwrite your freshly created scenario. Unfortunately,this automatically saved game cannot be edited anymore.

Now if you didn't make it to the set up turn, you still have a chance to copy as fast as you can the scenario into the right folder.

Hope this clarifies, however after reading it, I got little bit confused myself. :rolleyes:

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: McAuliffe ]

Karl,

Do you have assault boats in your scenario? If so that would explain why you can only play the allies. The A.I. cannot handle the assault boats. You can play against another human (PBEM, hotseat or TCP/IP) but not against the computer as the German player.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

[QB]Karl,

Do you have assault boats in your scenario? QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do, durn it. Ah well. I guess the boats have to go. I have playtested once, and, man, does CM do nice job of being a SAVING PRIVATE RYAN simulator!