Brigadoonery Rampant

At the risk of being accused of...oh well, never mind, but anyway...Now that I've taken a closer look at some of the events at Sword Beach on D-Day, it just seemed that it might be amusing to add a recording of Blue Bonnets over the Border played by a solo piper to the Hills are Alive.

To put that in plain English, Blue Bonnets over the Border was played by a near suicidal solo piper leading the No. 4 Commando onto the beach at D-Day, across the beach, and all the way to Pegasus bridge and beyond. He was standing fully upright as if on parade, and, apart from some awkward and wet moments getting out of the landing craft, apparently only hesitated once in the middle of Pegasus bridge when German snipers were blowing the brains out of helmetless British commandos who were following him. If any piece of music should be associated with the landing at Sword Beach, it has to be this.

The only problem is, I haven't managed to come up with either an MP3 version or a WAV version. So if someone happens to have a traditional version of this rousing little march (very heavy on Jacobite nostalgia, too...), I would be more than happy to work it into a proximate CMMOS release.

Bill Millin was his name...I will check with my friends in the piping community, but I haven't yet come across any decent MP3s or wavs of solo pipers playing traditional tunes. There are midis, and modern music being played, but little attraction for the classics as played solo. If I find Blue Bonnets (or Black Bear, which is what the piper in The Longest Day played instead) I will pass it on.