Mortars and Cover Arcs?

Hi all, I'm currently involved in a my first CMBB PBEM and am trying to get cover arcs to work with mortars.

The mortars have direct LOS to the area which I want them to cover but the enemy arriving in this patch of woods didn't trigger the expected rain of 81mm mortar fire I wanted :) Any ideas? They are not hidden but in any case this should make no difference with the cover arc command I think...

I'm still playing unpatched since my opponent only has a 56K modem and he is still downloading the 60Mb. I didn't see this mentioned in the fix list so can only suppose I am doing something wrong...

Hi Guys,

They have clear LOS and are in range and I'm not using a command unit to spot for them.

My enemy had to cross some clear ground to get to the woods and I wanted the mortars to start firing as he crossed this area. The mortars had a flank position and a clear view as he crossed...

Any more thoughts? Not sure why you can give them the cover arc command if it doesn't work for them ? :confused:

Hmmm - you are right Major - it does work.

I just generated a map in the scenario editor and tested it. I can get it to work here but not sure why it is not working in the battle itself...

It may be a time thing i.e. not enough time to see the troops crossing and fire the round off. Perhaps I expect too much of my troops smile.gif

[ December 04, 2002, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Viperfish ]