MAP/PBEM how-to question...need help.

buddy

Howdy, been gone long time from this discussion board...

My question is this - when setting up a quick battle for pbem play, you can't really modify the map in any way.

Is there any way to make a map and then use it for pbem play? (I wanted to play a game of take and hold the bridge which would be placed in the center of the map. Players start on opposite sides - liberal amounts of barbed wire and landmines in between).

Thanks

You need to do a 3rd party set up.

Make the map or you can us 1 of the 44 maps at the Scenario Depot

Pick your forces & place in set up zone

Find someone to do your opponents force purchase

Your opponent sends list to 3rd party

3rd party purchase force place's in set zone

3rd party tournament saves in editor.

And you got yourself a custom map QB smile.gif

Hi buddy,

What I and one of my regular pbem guys do is agree on the size and # of turns for the game. Then we take turns developing a map, and we create a scenario file using that map. I choose my forces and then email him the scenario file. He doesn't look at mine (or vice versa) and chooses his forces. Then we start the game as a saved scenario. Works great and we get the custom map options we want.

Jeff

if you know your opponet well enough and trust them, something i have done is whoever is the allied side makes the map as big or as small as wanted, and then random creates a map to fit that area. then he can purchase his forces and sends the file to the german player. then under the honor code, the german player buys his units and sends it back. then either side can load the scenario up and get going!

again this is based on the honor code that both sides will buy only X amount of points, the allied player will not alter the terrain to his advantage, and the german player will not look at the allied purchases. if you can trust em that much, its the fastest way to do it! smile.gif