A few Questions about CM

1. How do I clear mines, and Blow up Bridges? :confused:

2. I know Infantry are supposed to Auto use their Aint-tank stuff, but how can I give myself a better chance that they will? (Some times I had a Infantry Unit next to a tank, and they just used rifles on it......oui :mad: )

3. Are their any reasons why a Morter Guy wont fire? My dad has reported such events, and wants to under stand why not. :(

Thats all I got right now, thanks.

Originally posted by Volker:

1. How do I clear mines, and Blow up Bridges? :confused:

2. I know Infantry are supposed to Auto use their Aint-tank stuff, but how can I give myself a better chance that they will? (Some times I had a Infantry Unit next to a tank, and they just used rifles on it......oui :mad: )

3. Are their any reasons why a Morter Guy wont fire? My dad has reported such events, and wants to under stand why not. :(

Thats all I got right now, thanks.

1. as soon as you see an enemy minefield, run some engineers near it. after a while they toss a demo pack (if they have any left) and blow it.

generally you can't blow bridges cause it is out of the scope of cm, but i made a scenario where you can do it. i describe how to do it in a scenario you can make in the faq and in my scenario briefing. it is fairly involved and there is another method panzer leader does too.

2. depends on range of the weaponin question. a panzerfaust -30 ain't gonna be used uinless at point blank range practically (30 stands for 30m)

just point them in the direction of the tank and hope they use it.

3. i dunno the circumstances where this would happen. can you describe the situation so other ppl can help you out too?

1) Move an engineer very close to the mines, and they will clear it. They might use a demo charge to do it faster, if available. Blowing up wooden bridges is fairly easy, using cannon, arty, etc. Stone bridges take a lot of damage to destroy.

2) I think that your infantry will use the AT weapons (Panzerfaust, rifle grenades, demo charges) more effectively and faster if they are better quality in good morale order, not being shot at and have an angle that permits a flank or rear shot at the vehicle. They won't waste AT stuff on an impossible shot (I think).

3) Most likely your dad's mortar has no line of sight to the target, or the target is too close, as most mortars have a minimum range. Get direct line of sight (or be in command of a leader with LOS) get further away, or use target reference points if you are defending. Your on map mortars can shoot close to TRPs even out of LOS, but if they move they lose this ability. Of course, your dad's mortars could just be out of ammo, too! smile.gif

4) Read this list of useful posts, it is a good guide.

I chip in with the others, just want to add to question number one:

- Engineers don't need explosives to remove Daisy-chains.

- Blowing up bridges is doable but usually a waste of resources.

The easy way to do it is to have a large amount of large calibre guns to direct fire HE at it.

(Half a dozen 105mm howitzers will blow up a high bridge in a couple of turns.)

Off map artillery will mostly miss the bridge and is therefore definitely a waste of ammo to use.

Cheers

Olle

Note on infantry AT weapons (Panzerfaust, Rifle Grenade): I've heard that the squad is MORE likely to use these weapons vs. a tank if it IS NOT targeting the tank. Apparently the squad will think of using its small arms, see that they are useless, and then pick another target, and all the while will be less likely to fire the AT rocket.

Also, the squad doesn't have to facing the target tank, they will fire a faust/r.grenade at a target virtually behind them (maybe at 7'o'clock), again, this is helped by the squad being in command (preferbly by an HQ with a combat bonus), have good quality rating (vet/crack, etc.), and be unsuppressed.

Volker, I had the same mortar problem in a scenario today. The condions were perfect, nothing what hinders the mortar to fire - but he didn't. I had own troops very close to the target zone - maybe that was the reason?

Silvio This is right, if you want to attack a tank with a Panzerfaust or demo charge, do not give a target order. Just move your squad close enough. The AT weapon will be used with very high probability.

[ May 03, 2002, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]