Ed Kinney...request please

Ed or Tanks,

Love your new trees and tree bases. I was wondering if you could create a new brush set that would go along with those bases. In the meantime, I am using the Fall Woods base, (I think, or it maybe the scattered trees base) for brush.

Also, is there anyway that you could do a new marsh set that uses your water mod? Not the dark water, but the lighter blue one that has some wavey look to it.

Oh and another thing, how about some hi-res bridges that could go with your buildings?

Originally posted by Phoenix Flame:

Ed or Tanks,

Love your new trees and tree bases. I was wondering if you could create a new brush set that would go along with those bases. In the meantime, I am using the Fall Woods base, (I think, or it maybe the scattered trees base) for brush.

Also, is there anyway that you could do a new marsh set that uses your water mod? Not the dark water, but the lighter blue one that has some wavey look to it.

Oh and another thing, how about some hi-res bridges that could go with your buildings?

Thanks Phoenix,

Just when I think I'm finished they pull me back in. ;)

Actually I'm working on brush and bocage at the moment.

Have you seen my marsh on Tom's site.

Tom's CM HQ

Don't want to make a new one if I don't have to.

I made a stone bridge a few months ago, but never released it. If there's interest maybe I'll send it out.

bridge%20near.jpg

I've never tried a wooden one. That pioneer bridge from Mike Duplessis is still very good.

Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

I made a stone bridge a few months ago, but never released it. If there's interest maybe I'll send it out.

bridge%20near.jpg

I've never tried a wooden one. That pioneer bridge from Mike Duplessis is still very good.

Yes, that's a cool looking bridge. Tom's new one is OK, but it's not a Tanks's Super-Hi-Res behemoth. ;)

Yes, Mike's Pioneer bridge is indeed adequate.

As for the marsh. Yes, I've got your marsh from Tom's, but the water that's in it is just bland. ie. It's all the same color. No variation. Just doesn't look right, when used with your water.

Actually why I ask all of this, since d'ling and installing your new trees and stuff, the game has gone back from the subdued look of Magua and the like, to the original bright BTS look. No offense, I think it looks really good this way now, due to the shear quality of the trees and bases, but I need a new brush mod. And I'm grateful for you to be working on it. And yes, I can't wait to see your new boccage/hedge texture. I'm still using Magua's and it really doesn't look right with your stuff.

As for my grass mod, I using Gunnergoz's Dark Field Grass, which IMHO is the best looking grass ever. It has great elevation differentiation as well as a somewhat realistic grass look.

Originally posted by Phoenix Flame:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

Yes, that's a cool looking bridge. Tom's new one is OK, but it's not a Tanks's Super-Hi-Res behemoth. ;)

Yes, Mike's Pioneer bridge is indeed adequate.

As for the marsh. Yes, I've got your marsh from Tom's, but the water that's in it is just bland. ie. It's all the same color. No variation. Just doesn't look right, when used with your water.

Actually why I ask all of this, since d'ling and installing your new trees and stuff, the game has gone back from the subdued look of Magua and the like, to the original bright BTS look. No offense, I think it looks really good this way now, due to the shear quality of the trees and bases, but I need a new brush mod. And I'm grateful for you to be working on it. And yes, I can't wait to see your new boccage/hedge texture. I'm still using Magua's and it really doesn't look right with your stuff.

As for my grass mod, I using Gunnergoz's Dark Field Grass, which IMHO is the best looking grass ever. It has great elevation differentiation as well as a somewhat realistic grass look.</font>

Here's what my bocage looks like.

bocage.jpg

I always keep coming back to Gunnergoz's field grass too.

Yes, that looks great. Now where's that brush??? LOL!

Hey, there's no way that you could design some new skies to go with the Fall and Winter with your texture maker is there? Man if only I had easy access to an area just outside of town at certain times of day and weather along with a panavision camera, I could take some great snapshots for some sky files. I mean the small mountain range is just about the right heighth for CM purposes.

[ February 26, 2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Phoenix Flame ]

Hey, I like that bridge Tanks. Like to see it out there.

Now that yer a big star an all. Combat Mission Times will probally be calling you up for an interview, Leno maybe, a film screening with Bruce Willis. Hehe, juss remember all us little folks what kissed your butt on the way up. ;)

Say, what with yer trees and Tom's Bulge terrain we need a novelty item now. Sort of in line with the cow tree mod. Since the Battle of the Bulge was over Christmas and the new mods look so real, it would be nice to have a Christmas Tree mod, maybe with colored balls or nades on it or somefink.

Ah, Christmas morning on the Bulge mod. The shells sizzling, artillery a blasting... Flame throwers roasting on an open fire, frostbite nipping at your toes... Oh the humanity of it all. :D

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Hey, I like that bridge Tanks. Like to see it out there.

Now that yer a big star an all. Combat Mission Times will probally be calling you up for an interview, Leno maybe, a film screening with Bruce Willis. Hehe, juss remember all us little folks what kissed your butt on the way up. ;)

Say, what with yer trees and Tom's Bulge terrain we need a novelty item now. Sort of in line with the cow tree mod. Since the Battle of the Bulge was over Christmas and the new mods look so real, it would be nice to have a Christmas Tree mod, maybe with colored balls or nades on it or somefink.

Ah, Christmas morning on the Bulge mod. The shells sizzling, artillery a blasting... Flame throwers roasting on an open fire, frostbite nipping at your toes... Oh the humanity of it all. :D

I'll have to talk to my agent about those gigs. They have to fit into my schedule. tongue.gif

mrcobbler:

That water mod is at 109Gustav's site. The Last Defense

Hey Mord,

Nice to see you back on the forum.

If I have to make another marsh, can I seek your endless wisdom again?

Thanks.

I hope for both our sakes the marsh stays at rest for a while. I think I almost drove you nuts with that one! Or was it the rough? LOL.

Well I will say you sure have come a long way in a short time. You did a hell of a job on those trees, and the Fall Scattered Tree Bases you did are the best ever modded in my opinion.

It seems the old Subdude Versus Bright argument has begun to rear again. Maybe you should start shooting for both crowds when you do your next mod. Cover all your bases! Gonna be hard with the fifteen million different sets of Grasses out there now! That's one of the many things so great about this game, there are almost endless choices for it's look. Gotta love it.

I do have one critique for you...for old time sake. On the trees you should whip up some undergrowth with them. This has been a trend since DD's trees and it really helps to fill out the bareness of the forest floor. It makes it look more filled in I guess you'd say. Either way they are some damned nice trees.

BTW what the hell kinda machine are you running?

Your the only guy in town who makes his mods at four times the resolution rate of the original Bmps!

Good Job Ed...as always.

Mord.

[ February 27, 2002, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Mord ]

Originally posted by Mord:

BTW what the hell kinda machine are you running?

Your the only guy in town who makes his mods at four times the resolution rate of the original Bmps!

Good Job Ed...as always.

Mord.

Probably one that has a 64MB card in it. Those 512x512 files are indeed about 4 times the size of the low-res files of 128x128. But a 64MB card can handle just about any combo of hi-res stuff.

Actually I'm only using a 32 Meg Geforce 2 and a Pentium 3 600 MHZ. Lately I've been reducing the colors to 256 on my mods to bring the filesize down. I'm not sure if it has any effect on performance, but it doesn't reduce the quality much.

Thanks Mord,

I modified the color and brightness of those trees dozens of times, but decided to bring a little color back to CM. I experimented with some undergrowth, but it never looked the way I wanted.

Maybe after the bocage, brush, winter trees, palm trees, I could make another version of my trees.

Actually I'm only using a 32 Meg Geforce 2 and a Pentium 3 600 MHZ. Lately I've been reducing the colors to 256 on my mods to bring the filesize down. I'm not sure if it has any effect on performance, but it doesn't reduce the quality much.

Thanks Mord,

I modified the color and brightness of those trees dozens of times, but decided to bring a little color back to CM. I experimented with some undergrowth, but it never looked the way I wanted.

Maybe after the bocage, brush, winter trees, palm trees, I could make another version of my trees.

You're right, I forgot. I loaded up one of those trees in my paint program and noticed it was in Optimized indexed 256-color instead of real color. Maybe I ought to do that with Gunner's grass tiles.

I experimented with some undergrowth, but it never looked the way I wanted.

LOL! You forgot the kitchen sink.