Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

PBEM

I bought CMBO about two years ago and I just bought the new retail version (the first one was too scratched). Other than a couple hotseat games I've always played vs. the AI. I never knew how to play using PBEM. I would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me.

Same story here. Believe me, once I started playing pbem or directly against an opponent in tcp/ip it brought it to a whole new level of fun. I was kind of scared off , me being computer illiterate of pbeming, but it is real easy. First you want to post on opponent finder at battlefront or go to theblitz.org and join. They keep track of your wins and losses if you are one of them competitive freaks. You can also post on their message board for pbem or tcp/ip games. When you finally find an opponent you email each other back and forth to agree upon terms of your engagement. If you are setting up the battle you pick out the circumstances click on email instead of 1player, pick a password for yourself, and when you get done choosing units or setting up it will ask you to name the file. Most times guys will put King-Portero 001 or such, click ok, escape and then you are ready to email. When you go to send email just clik on insert file, move down to file attachement,click, double click C: drive , double click program files, double click cmbo, double click pbem, and there is your file you need to send. You use the same procedure when he sends you a file. Right click and save his file to same pbem file and then go to your game and click on join multiplayer, load email. It will go directly to your pbem files. Click on the file you were sent and type in your password. Your done. I hope I didn't make it worse. If you want to walk thru a game with me email me.