An odd Chambois question...I think

Wild Bill, I am looking forward to playing this scenario, not only for an historical perspective but the entertainment value.

However, as I accepted the "default" placement of my digital axis followers, I couldn't get over the one nagging question.

Shouldn't the town name on the map be Champeaux? It's marked Chambois which creates a bit of a paradigm.

Please advise because I am staring at the monitor hitting refresh until I see a reply.

Thanks

Hey Herder! Thanks for the note. I'll have to look up my references for that one, but the basis of it was the fact that the Poles got the names mixed up and ended up in Chambois, as I remember. They had an unexpected encounter with German armor on the move.

But of course, the intro says all that. What makes you think that it should be the other. DO you have a reference I might have missed? It is possible, of course, and any light you have on the matter would be much appreciated.

Don't stare too long. Those Polish guys are ready to kill something. They'll grow impatient with you :D

WB

Ok, either I'm losing my mind or you are. Odds say that I'm losing my mind but I wouldn't know annything about that.

The briefing states that the poles were moving to Chambois but took the wrong turn, ending up in Champeaux.

However, if the map is Chambois but the poles went to champeaux by mistake, which is the whole basis for the scenario, then who are these Poles that are in Chambois?

Its all very confusing and keeps me pinned here, much like a bazooka team.

Sorry I missed your reply, I must have taken a break to use the restroom, won't happen again.

The briefing is correct. The name on the map is wrong. I appreciate you catching this. I'm surprised that it was not noticed before, including me.

I'll send you a copy with the correct name on the map so you won't have to stare at it anymore.

As for me losing my mind, that is history. It is a given. Why else would I be doing this :D

Thanks Herder. Scenario should be in your e-mail now.