CMBB HAS TWO TYPES OF SNOW BMPS!!! (pics)

I just put down DDs snow for the "heavy snow" bmps, and Tom's BotB snow for "light snow" bmps! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Unfortuneately, Tom's snow dosen't work well with the currnet soft grond textures for light snow conditions. But two sets of snow textures! Sch-weet! Hey Tom, think it is time to update the BotB mod? :D

[ October 02, 2002, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Be patient :cool:

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

I just put down DDs snow for the "heavy snow" bmps, and Tom's BotB snow for "light snow" bmps! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Unfortuneately, Tom's snow dosen't work well with the currnet soft grond textures for light snow conditions. But two sets of snow textures! Sch-weet! Hey Tom, think it is time to update the BotB mod? :D

Andrew posted the bmp numbers for light snow (the same bmp numbers that are in all of CMBO's snow conditions), but he left out the numbers for heavy snow conditions. Here are both the set's bmp locations.

Light Snow textures:

1470-1489

Heavy Snow texture:

1870-1889

Thanks again Andrew for posting those shots. :D

Vader's Jester,

Shouldn't those BMP numbers be reversed?

1470-1489 for snow/deep snow

1870-1889 for light snow

At least that is what I'm seeing by changing the parameters in the scenario editor.

I also applied Juju's treebases and brush (same BMP numbers as CM:BO) to replace the original gray blotches. Unfortunately, there are not 2 sets of treebase and brush BMPs so you have to compromise. I like the one's from Tom's Bulge mod better but they don't look right with Juju's snow.

Also might want to try some else's ice mod as well. They have the same BMP numbers also.

Treebases are 850-855

Brush is 979-984

Ice is 820-825

Keith

And unfortuantely there is only one set of tree bases tio save VRAM, too guys. I origionally made one that looked similar to the one above but it looks yuck with the tree bases, as has been suggested smile.gif

The way around this would be to create tree bases that are speckled with pink. We didnt do this as you cant see the tree bases very well when trees are turned off and we had to take this onto consideration from a usability point of view, as many players do play with reduced trees.

Those whom arent worried about this though will probably be able to do something that looks cool smile.gif

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the input and confirmation about the treebases and so on. Would have been nice but there have got to be some limits.

I like the original snow included in CM:BB. It looks better than the original CM:BO snow. It works well for snow/deep snow as well. Juju's might be a bit too bright and cause me to go snowblind (need sunglasses :cool: ).

Keith

Sitzkrieg, glad you like it smile.gif

I spent quite some time playing with the snow on the various terrain types, such as tress, roads, brush, etc as well as buildings to make sure they were as close a match with regards to brightness as possible. Getting them to match as all the various terrain elevations is next to impossible, but I think we have a good range in there.

A big part of the problem with the grass showing through at lower levels is that the buildings looked silly covered in snow whilst the ground was bare...thats kinda why we decided to make a bare ground tile smile.gif

Dan

[ October 02, 2002, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]