Arnhem Bridge Problem

Generals,

I have been having some difficulty with the Arnhem bridge operation and am seeking your advice. I took both ends of the bridge with acceptable loss of life in the first battle. In the subsequant battles I tried to push on beyond the bridge to take more defensible terrain and await the expected counter attack. The problem is everytime I take a crossroads, the game puts me back at the end of the bridge for the next battle. Dont get me wrong, I am not the kind of general that minds shedding his troups blood in attaining a legitimate objective. However, this is getting tedious capturing the same land over and over again while I wait for Monty to get his slow butt and relieve me. The game puts white setup areas around the land I grabbed, but they put all of my troops in orange setup areas at the base of the bridge. I understand that the game tries to straighten up the front line. However, in my case, I captured both crossraods beyond the bridge and had a nice tidy area. Is this a problem with the game, the operation, or am I doing something wrong.

Best Regards,

Hobo

You're probably not doing anything "wrong."

In between battles, operations establish an area of "no-mans-land" between the locations held by each player.

This "no-mans-land" can vary in "width" according to what the designer chooses when he is setting the parameters in the editor.

I struggled with an Arnhem Operation for a couple weeks; then designed a scenario-- "Frost Holds On..." (no shameless plug will follow).