Paintball meeting for San Diego CM players

Man I wish you were in Texas. I play P-ball every Sat & Sunday, I hit state tournies all the time to. I am on Ambush, a amatuer team looking to go pro, but its difficult to get a sponsor, unless you have the money to travel and be noticed.

I have well over a Grand in all my gear, and have been playing for over 4 years now. We play mainly on Hyperball and speedball fields. Althought I do have 30 acres of densly wooded land with some trenches 5 foot deep and 2 bunkers the same depth that we dug out by hand. Yes nothing but shovels and pic axes. It really sucked took us a month of weekends to finish it.

Every so often I get a group of guys together and we hit my property for a weekend of p-ball and camping.

A couple tips if your a newbie to pball:

If your renting, spend a few more bucks and get a good gun. Usually basic guns are pumpers or a ragged out semiautos that are cheap to begin with.

If you get the basic plan for a long day and plenty of welts. The basic pumpers are only gonna give you a rate of fire of at best 1 shot per sec. with very crappy range and accuracy. Basic semiauto will be a litte better but not much. Maybe 2 shots per second and little better range and still crappy accuracy.

Try to see if the shop has at least fairly new Spyders or Tippmans. They are not bad but not really a serious p-ball gun, but way better than basic guns at most fields.

If they have Autocockers or Angels and you can afford to rent them, this would be my suggestion. I own an Angel that has upgraded electonic trigger frame. with selective fire, semiauto, 3 round burst & full auto. Although most field will allow only semiauto. Tournaments only allow semiauto, but I just had to have the option of fullauto.

I figure I am firing about 8 shots a sec on semiauto and who know on fullauto. I just know I filled up my hopper full(200 p-balls and fired all of them in under 10 seconds. YA NO **** my Angel could paint a house on fullauto in know time.

One last thing never buy BRASS EAGLE balls, they will break in your gun more than actually fire. Spend a little money on your paint other wise your in for a day of a really messy gun.

You ever make it this way let me know, and I show what painball is all about.

the only paint grenades i ever saw were thos little fake cardboard wwii type ones, that you had to shake before you primed them.

the only things they were good for taking out was your money.

i had one go off about 2 feet away from me, and it totally took out all the grass within about a foot of it.

sure made me jump tho

[ November 02, 2002, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Axe Phoenix ]