Post your Demo warstories......

Hey, we all must of played the Demo 50 million times, those two Sen. must have the most games played on them of any Sena.

I bet there are some cool, funny, amazzzing stories and AAR out there.

Ex: In the Valley I once had over 275 kills with my Pill MG. I put it between the first two tall buildings facing the road. I covered its back with a check in the church (He killed 3 Shermans). The silly AI kept on sending men over that wall and to those small buildings.

EX: I once maxed out the AI in the vally with men. When my Pather rolled out 5 simo richos! I fast moved him into the dead space at the backside of the big hill to get out of those crosshairs. You should of seen the massive Smoke Arty that came down next. I was smoked out just about for the rest of the game. He brought 4 Shermans into the smoke with me. Our tanks were only feet away in there (reminded me of Star-Trk "The Wrath of Khan") He got me but I killed 3 of his before he killed my main gun. So I blitz out of there and into a firestorm of 76 mm shells at the town side of the hill (coup de grace)!

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: Tread Head ]

I only played the demo a couple of times. I ordered the full version almost immediately after playing chance encounter on the gold demo.

I don't have any real AAR's but I remember taking out that german inf gun in VOT with a 60mm mortar and thinking: "Yea! that's how it should be!" I remember moving a Sherman up the road in chance encounter and was stunned when I saw it engaging multiple targets simultaneously with main gun and machine guns. When I pushed the germans back off their little hill and destroyed all the Stug's I had a real sense of accomplishment. CMBO was and is a very different animal. When you graduate to CMBO from other wargames you must (in the words of Yoda) "unlearn what you have learned". Real world tactics work in this game. That makes it rock.

I played Chance Encounter as Allies and gave the Nazi's a 200% bonus. Ended in a draw and that made me feel pretty good.

I also took out a Stug with a bazooka from the second story of the church in one battle. That was cool (although the bazooka man had to shoot about six times!! Talk about being a nervous rookie).

I let the Germans take the church one time and had two of my Shermans shoot the church about 15 times and a nuclear bomb in the basement of the church went off. Man! That is one awesome explosion.