A replay of the entire battle would be nice...

After each turn of battle we are able to play back that minute as much as we like. But after the ENTIRE battle is over I would LOVE to be able to play all of the turns all at once and watch the whole battle unfold from start to finish instead of in segments. Is this possible with the current CM version??? Maybe in CM 2??? Anyone know if one can do this at the end???

I'm convinced there is a less resource-hogging alternative, i.e. a basic, top-down, 2-D graphical plot of the entire battle, with all friendly and enemy units, movements and weapon usage tracked and identified against a simplified terrain grid. Other information could be presented as well, such as turn number, clock, scores and a running total of casualties and fatalities. There would be no need to deal with sound effects, a moving camera POV or just about anything else that makes the entire-battle "movie" impractical. Flight sims have the feature I'm describing; it's very useful and the lack of 3-D hardly diminishes its value as a record of tactical prowess (or lack thereof).

It's not a "movie", but it would be a whole lot better than nothing. And it could be saveable, along with the AARs. I regret not being able to save my game-generated AARs, as I am unlikely to remember my last score in a particular battle when I want to play it again.

What do you think?

BTS?

• 2 weeks later...

ICE,

You can save your AAR with scores and map. When you complete a game, the autosave file will contain the AAR and the map. You just rename it and now you have a record of your last score for a given game, complete with a map for reference.

Actor!! Thanks for the tip, exactly what I have been looking for! redface.gif

------------------

"Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur."

General Guilio Douhet

[This message has been edited by GonzoAttacker (edited 09-15-2000).]

My pleasure! I use that feature when I test scenarios for folks. It gives them the AAR and then they can see the map and the orientation of the casualties and remaining troops.

Good hunting!