CMBB screenshots, need a screenshot program..

zee

Whenever i try to take a screenshot my screens look allblurry and crappy looking in Jpeg format. i noticed When tiger took his screens they looked great what are you useing tiger?

cause i need to post screenies on my website need nice looking screens thx.

Originally posted by zee:

Whenever i try to take a screenshot my screens look allblurry and crappy looking in Jpeg format. i noticed When tiger took his screens they looked great what are you useing tiger?

What are you using to make jpegs?

I bet there is a setting for high quality out put.

Or make .gifs instead, they are a non lossy graphic format. Take more space too...

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by zee:

What are you using to make jpegs?

I bet there is a setting for high quality out put.

Or make .gifs instead, they are a non lossy graphic format. Take more space too...</font>

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

Or make .gifs instead, they are a non lossy graphic format. Take more space too...

GIFs are a VERY lossy format. GIF files can only contain 256 colors. They can be any pallette of 256 colors, but reducing a 16 or 24 bit image down to 8 bits would be considered LOSSY. Now it doesn't generally contain the artifacts that JPEG can introduce, but that has nothing to do with LOSSY or LOSSLESS.

Just a correction. Yes, if he is saving them as JPEGs, he probably has some pretty high compression settings set somewhere.

whay i do id hit print screen on my keyboard, and open the image in Paint, and convert it to Jpeg in ezimage converter. ill try gif see of that helps.

Update GIF looked horrid, i do have photoshop i can try and see what i can do in there..

[ September 04, 2002, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: zee ]