Why can't I get on the Scenario Depot?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panther G:

Hi,

I am trying to get on the Scenario Depot to post 2 more maps I made, but my browser (IE 5.0) gets stuck, saying "Sending Request for /combatmission/". If I don't click stop, it will keep saying this for hours. What am I supposed to do?<hr></blockquote>

Panther G,

That's really weird. I've tested it using both IE5.5 and Netscape 4.7 and it appears to be working, both from work and from home. I've posted Admin Test maps, operations, and battles to make sure all the databases were posting...and they are accepting data. I'm also getting numerous battle and operation submissions from other authors.

If worse comes to worse, you can simply send me the details and I'll happily enter them for you.

In the mean time, if anyone else experiences this, please let me know so I can track it down.

Prosit!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panther G:

It didn't work on Netscape 4.73 either. I'm on a Mac if it makes a difference.

Regards,

Ryan<hr></blockquote>

Panther G,

I'm unfamiliar with the vagaries of Mac's, but from everything I know about how browser's interpret data, it should be working. All of the PHP/mySQL processing is happening on the server; the browser should be receiving pure HTML. That is unless I've screwed up somewhere and the HTML code that's being sent to the browser is confusing it. I've seen problems like this in the past with Netscape, but all of those bugs were worked out some time ago. As previously written, I test using both IE5.5 and Netscape 4.7 prior to posting any new pages.

Can anyone else out there with a Mac duplicate this? Mayhap Schrullenhaft can shed some insight? Are there alternative browsers for Mac's that you can use to see if its a browser quirk?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Or better yet, don't. Let that antiquated piece of crap die so webmasters don't have to jump through hops to make their sites work<hr></blockquote>

Better yet, use Opera 6.0 and give webmasters a real nightmare. smile.gif

WWB

I went to my local library and looked at the scenario depot (submited 3 new maps - Rugged Foothills 1 & 2 and Rugged Country River Map). I can see that it works properly here, too bad it doesn't at home. Anyways, anyone reading this should go check out four of my favorite scenario's:

Fertile Fields

Blowfish

My Rugged Country Maps :D

Armored Ambush

I highly recommend the first two. BTW what's Fertile Fields doing in the 8's? We need some reviews to crank it up to the 10's! :D

Anybody have any ideas why my iMac won't go on to the Depot?

Thanks,

Ryan

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Panther G ]</p>