Effects of the sun on the armored combat

If there is some Wood the Sun can create black spaces by drawing shadows. I checked this out lately by looking for good spots to hide AT guns when being on a Bike-trip (Strange what effects CM can bring to one..). In a bright sunny day roadentrances perpendicular to the sun into a forest often create a black hole where one can see absolutely nothing. Is there a tank an AT gun one simply cannot see it..., so of course the sun makes a great impact.

Also the Forestborders often create large dark shadows by overhanging trees which can hide almost anything under it. One just has to change his mind of viewing on a bike-trip or jogging to notice the considerable effect.

But equally serious is the masking effect which terrain and plants (Grass, Cornfields, Bushes, Wood..) can create. Combine this two and you have a very dynamic changing environment...

Greets

Daniel

Are there any games that have fully realistic dynamic 3D lighting modeled accurately? I know Falcon 4.0 had a kind of basic lighting model, but when you get into close up ground combat situations you start to appreciate how difficult it would be to actually model let alone program.

The blinding effect of the Sun could also greatly influence fighting capabilty especially in the morning and evening.

I remember an account of a russian Tankcommander, where he stated that they were severly hampered by blinding sun in a specific fight taking casualties because they could not see the enemy...

Greets

Daniel

Dirtweasle, IL-2 Sturmovik has dynamic lighting effects but with emphasize on weather effects and corresponding Lighteffects (Extremely good), rather than the effects created on the ground (Shadows, dark zones etc).

Greets

Daniel