Arnhem Op- Too Easy? *SPOILER*

They are coming Londoner! Promise. I have a couple that will raise your cockles and curl your toenails. Not for the Faint of heart, I promise you!...

Four toughies on the Way:

Relieving the Rangers - Zerf

A Second Job - Vossenack

The Wrong Hill - South of St Aignan

Meyer's Wrath - (Sounds ominous?)

I won't let you down, I promise, not with this top notch team of testers helping me! These guys don't play! biggrin.gif

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, I just played this mission. I lost more paratroops to them lobbing grenades at halftracks stuck on the south end of the bridge because of all the destroyed vehicles. The grenades would usually miss, arc over the bridge, and hit the paratroops hiding in the other building, who were also lobbing grenades.

I found that carpet bombing the bridge with arty even when I can't see any enemy troops seems to discourage the germans quite nicely from even attempting to cross. tongue.gif

------------------

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...

-HAL 9000, 2001

For anyone looking to design scenarios for Market-Garden I have two books to highly recommend. First is "Band of Brothers" by

Stephen E. Ambrose and "It Never Snows In September" by Robert J. Kershaw. "Snows" is a particularly interesting account being told entirely from the German perspective and documentation. It's chock full of scenario making ideas. My first plan will be to do Grabners assault on the bridge from the south end.

PS. The Arnhem Operation was way too easy for the british (when played by a human!). I look forward to hearing of new scenarios in this arena!

------------------

I'm sorry, we haven't the

facilities to take all of you prisoner. Was there anything else?