Welcome to our newest member:

Seems to be a new name in that spot every day. I know I try to "spread the word" about CM, but it makes one wonder, how long would there be an interest in CMBO if there was never a CMBB or a CMII?

Some games get a cult following that lasts way beyond the commercial life of the game. If, heaven forbid, CMBO was "all she wrote", would you still break it out in five or ten years? Are there any games you play that are way past their prime? (The wife and I had a blast playing M.U.L.E recently)

For me it is a matter of interest in the subject matter. Unless there is a game new that better portrays a certain theatre, scale or time frame I will stick with the ones that has done it best so far.

And that is why I have games like Steel Panthers, The Operational Art of War, Panzer Campaigns or even Age of Rifles standing here. I play them out of interest in the specific warfare context that they mirror. The fact that they are old or not as pretty as the latest games means noting what so ever.

The idea to proclaim a genuine interest in the west 44-45 campaign yet, at the same time, being unable to maintain this interest because a new game, portraying a different theatre of war, comes along just doesn't compute for me.

CM:BO will stay on my HD until another game (CMII:BO?) comes along and does it in a way I like better.

M.

[ February 09, 2002, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Mattias ]

Hey Bloody,

As fas as "old" games that I still play, I have to toss in Red Storm Rising. Still haven't found a sub game I like as much. I found out about

CMBO by visiting wargaming sites after getting tired of the typical offerings. I've been playing computer war games for 14 years, and CMBO ranks near the top of the list, as I hope CMBB will also.