Hull down position? Q, with screen

Hello again,

Ya I've been posting alot lately, but only because I want to learn. ;)

I ordered my armor platoon of 4, (individually ordered) to seek hull down... and this is the result I got... that don't look like hull down to me! Am I doing something wrong? I first moved them on the base of a hill, then ordered them to hull down... ideas? or recommendations on the proper use of this command?

Thx in advance...

CM%20temp05.jpg

:confused:

When ordering a unit to go HD, it will be HD in relivence to the marker you place when you issue the order.

Exampl, from the bottom of the hill, place your HD order marker at a location in the distance you want the tank to be HD for, then the tank will move up the hill until it locates a spot fitting the order. If it does not locate a spot, it will continue moving to where you issued the order marker.

Also, the graphic display is only a visual aid, it may be HD in a small depression modeled in the code, but not visible in the game.

Ya, I have learned that... if it says your buttoned or in a hull down position, or say your in woods then the game will see it as a hull down position, woods position (like in the beginning tutorial), even if the image don't really look like it.

But do I understand that if I want them to go into a hull down position, they will hull down in relation of where I ended the hull down command line? (hope you understand what I mean, lol).

So, if I want them to hull down on a close hill to cover the ridgeline of a distant area, I would have to streatch the seek hull down command, all the way out to that point I want them to cover?

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Pawatwoop wrote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Also, the graphic display is only a visual aid, it may be HD in a small depression modeled in the code, but not visible in the game.

Say huh, invisible depressions? Hey, is that true? Are there invisible trees too...</font>

Originally posted by Scipio:

Bruno, the trees are not only invisble, they are even moving! The trees have changed each time when I load the map!

Yes, the trees definitely move. Which, in Citadel, since I want to stick Hunter teams right under that shady tree, makes me wonder if the trees themselves are merely absracted? Id est, if you hide a team in "scattered trees" they will receive a certain hidden-bonus regardless of whether you actually stick him under a "tree"?

Eden

If you want to REALLY be gamey, push {shift}+{V}. That will make all your vehicles go invisible.

Then push {shift}+{C} three times. That will make all your stuff larger.

Then push {shift}+{V} again. That will bring all your vehicles back, only they will be HUGE.

Then kill the enemy with your new HUGE vehicles.

No need to thank me, I am just trying to help.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

If you want to REALLY be gamey, push {shift}+{V}. That will make all your vehicles go invisible.

Then push {shift}+{C} three times. That will make all your stuff larger.

Then push {shift}+{V} again. That will bring all your vehicles back, only they will be HUGE.

Then kill the enemy with your new HUGE vehicles.

No need to thank me, I am just trying to help.

Steve

You fergot that CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE-SHIFT-TAB-PAUSE gives you access to Atomic Weapons with +30 Radiation Bonus!

:D:D

AJ

[ October 06, 2002, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

Yes, the trees definitely move. Which, in Citadel, since I want to stick Hunter teams right under that shady tree, makes me wonder if the trees themselves are merely absracted? Id est, if you hide a team in "scattered trees" they will receive a certain hidden-bonus regardless of whether you actually stick him under a "tree"?

Eden

It says so in the manual. The trees are only there for "eye candy", and turning them off with SHIFT-T doesn't do anything but enhance visibility of the player. What matters is that your unit stands on the "scattered trees" or a similar tile, no matter if next to, under, or in a tree. smile.gif