How to choose the "side" icons?

Leta

In a new battle scenario I'm making I have placed SS and Volksturm soldiers on german side and US army soldiers on the allied side. Then, I chose a british reinforcement on turn #10.

After a file save, I went to the "Play Game/Battle" screen and ... it appears as a SS-British game!

Obviously I prefers a SS-US battle so ... anybody knows whats the criteria the AI uses to show the icons in the "Play Game" screen?

No Russelmz, the highest officer rankings for both US and British are Battalion HQ. When I changed the force balance (increasing a little bit the Amis and decreasing the Brits) the icons changed according to the new balance.

Reading your post I tried to simulate the conditions you describe (with 1 Brit. HQ Btn. and an entire US Rifle Company) and after several experiments the icons ALWAYS show the US star and the german cross.

How can you do it? :confused:

hmmmm, the only other reasons i can think of is that i choose the brit guy as the FIRST unit i put in when buying units in my scenario. it is at the top of the list of units in my scenario creation screen.

it was also the most expensive at ~200 points(a 7.2in arty spotter).

other than that i can't think of anything else.