in house fighting...

Ok so I advance my troops towards a house. they spot a squad inside the house and I plot their fire. The game tells me I have a 11% chance to hit. Now here's the interesting part, I get inside the building with them and I still only have a 11% chance to hit. What's up with that? Shouldn't I be able to see them better now?

deadeye3 biggrin.gif

This is because the inside of a building is abstracted: in reality your troops are probably in one room and the enemy is in another.

The game engine simulates a real building, with all its interiors, even though the graphic engine only shows you an empty box.

Hope it helps

Sig

never post late at night, never post late at night, think about what you are going to post, think about what you are going to post. Got to remember these rules before I post again, Thx Sig, I feel like such a moron for askin that one smile.gif

Hehe, no don't. Low glucose levels can sometimes have an effect on brain metabolism biggrin.gif .

Some guy (don't remember the name) once said: if you ask questions you may perhaps look stupid for a few minutes, but if you don't ask questions you will certainly remain stupid all your life.

A wise man, indeed.

Sig

• 2 weeks later...

I once had an AT team in a small building, hiding. When all of a sudden an enemy infantry unit stormed the house damn near walked over my men and continued on out the back of the house!! smile.gif

Guess my men remembered to close the closet door before they crawled in it. tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nedlam:

I once had an AT team in a small building, hiding. When all of a sudden an enemy infantry unit stormed the house damn near walked over my men and continued on out the back of the house!! smile.gif

Guess my men remembered to close the closet door before they crawled in it. tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now THAT'S entertainment!

MrSpkr