If I upgrade my vid card, will CMBB *REALLY* speed up?

I have an older PII 450 Xeon w/384MB RAM and TNT2 NVidia 32MB card.

I have problems with scens that have a lot of polygons. The frame rate slows down to <.5fps.

If I keep everything the same, but upgrade my video card, will I see a noticiable difference in game speed, or would I be better off spending that $100 on a new motherboard/CPU?

I appreciate all your opinions. Thanks!

COG

I have a Geforce MX2. My CPU used to be 350 MHz, which meant that in most cases scrolling was slow and big scenarios just unplayable. I upgraded into 1 GHz, and now I can play much larger scenarios than before, and keep trees and doodads on unless there's lots of forest around. With trees at max, scrolling gets slow in big scenarios again. Upgrading my vid adapter would probably be the next step, but I don't think that alone would have helped as much as CPU change.

I don't know what kind of processor and motherboard you'll get for 100 bucks at the moment, though.

A GeForce2 MX/ 32mb will definitely help. I run CMBB on my second computer with one, full details, etc, at 800x600 and it does fine. Most cards of that vintage should be compatible with your motherboard.

The TNT chipset really falls flat, especially when it comes to transparency effects, such as smoke or occupied buildings.

WWB