Pegasus Bridge...Please test it

It is a very short ops. It is a medium map. Two days..One is a night time of course. The other was a daytime. I found this map for Pegasus. It is a **real** map. So the Oob is real too..kinda tongue.gif

Here it is.....

ORDERS:

"Hold until relieved"

Using a special force of six gliders.The capture of the bridge, a strategic objective across the river Orne.

The only means of taking the bridge intact was by complete surprise. It had to be, as the bridge was wired with explosives and if the german guards realised that there was an invasion on , they'd destroy the bridge.

On the Map

Battilion HQ x1 Maj. John Howard (elite)

6x platoon gliders (vet-crack)

1x 2in Mortar

3x Piat

2x Engineer platoon Oxfordshire and Buckinghampshire (under strength,but they are vet-crack)

Second day...hopefully!

1x HQ Company

1x Vicker Machine gun

3x platoon (7th Div Para,Elite)

1x Observation 3in mortar

3x Piat

3x Shermans

1x Centauer

3x Carrier

1x truck

3x platoon

1x Vicker machine gun

riefing for the German commanders:

THERE IS NO BRIEFING!!!! heehee ;)

Leutnant Stahler (Bridge Security Detachment Kommandant) returns from his night on the town, unaware that the bridge has been taken!

The Bridge detachment:

5x Zug (green to vet)

1x LMG

1x H-39 Hotchkiss

1x Kubalwagon

Reinforcement:

1x H-39 Hotchkiss

1x MarderII

3x SPW 251/1

2x Pzr IV/H

1x Arty 150mm rkts. (15rds)

1x Pak 40 75mm

2x Pzr grenadier pioneer Zug

2x Zug

jrdoll@earthlink.net

• 4 weeks later...

I do get a bloody nose each time I try to rush the Pegasus bridge.

I set up fire support in the treelines, and even waited for the mortar to pour some shells, but my Brits are slaughtered.

I even tried crawling across the bridge.

Do the other testers have the same bloody results?

PS. The mortar team are real cowards, and I think someone leaked detailed plans to the AI.

Yeah, rush.

This worked well on the other bridge. (=joke)

But seriously, my first attempt was rather in cautious style sneak-run-sneak-run, a bloody mess, and that starts for me definitely when I lose a whole platoon. (The web told me about 8 losses initially!?)

Then I tried a more rush-rush approach as suggested, with similar results.

The third method was with support fire (and I thought : should have done that earlier anyway).

In despair I tried crawling, but the guys are detected quite early.

I will give it another go even at the expense of some squads. 8? Who sold the operation plan to the AI? By the way, the website (I forgot where) told me the Brits were quite informed by the Gondée family about the German setup. Isy this in your briefing?

My tactical(ethical?) problems will not retain me from a test report after the operation is succesfully done. Be patient.

Cheers,

Chainman